Year 2 - Miss Farrell
Welcome to Year 2HF!
We have 16 lovely children in our class. On our webpage you can follow the learning journey of our fantastic pupils. Here you can also find general reminders and photographs of all the exciting things we have been getting up to!
- Monster Phonics reading books and sharing books are changed every Monday
- These books should be brought into school everyday
- Children are expected to read at least three time per week with an adult at home
- Books will only be changed if the home school diary has been signed three times
- If you would like to know more about Monster Phonics click here.
- PE is on a Friday and the children can wear their school PE kit all day
- No jewellery to be worn
- Fruity Fantasy is a healthy tuck shop that takes place on a Friday play time
- If they wish, children can bring in a small amount of money to buy a snack
We have had a really busy start to 2023! Year 2 have been learning how to add and subtract using sticks and bricks to help us, we have all had a lot of fun and can now add and subtract two digit numbers! We have also been learning about the artist Henri Matisse. We began by learning how we can mix primary colours together to make secondary colours, we even had a go ourselves! We then used this knowledge to help create art work for our sketchbooks and displays around school! This month we have also had some visitors from Sunderland University who performed a fantastic dance piece for us, we then played games that helped us learn about how we can recycle. In class, we then learnt about how to keep safe on the internet and played a game to help us. Finally, we have began our science experiment testing the importance of washing our hands. We are so excited to see the results and will show you our results in next months update!