European Day of Languages!
This week, to celebrate the annual European Day of Languages, the children have had taster lessons in different European languages. Mrs Blackett, our French teacher, has led the sessions. The children have enjoyed the sessions, and as always have shown great enthusiasm for learning other languages….and trying some tasty treats from a range of other countries !
- Year 2 have been learning how to say hello in several different languages. They created Lego characters based on the colours of the flag of the languages they had chosen.
- Year 3 have been learning Dutch and they tried Belgian biscuits.
- Year 4 have been learning Italian and they tried Biscotti.
- Year 5 have been learning Spanish and they tried Churros.
- Year 6 have been learning German and they have tried Lebkuchen.
- The children in Key Stage 2 have created Lego versions of themselves and they have written basic phrases to introduce themselves in the language they were learning.
Well done everyone!