CARETAKER / Site Supervisor
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and conscientious person to join our team as Site Supervisor (Caretaker).
Grangetown is a successful, well established and friendly primary school. We occupy a spacious, modern building, as shown on our drone ‘fly over’ video - click here.
Required as soon as possible after the start of Autumn term. Salary: Grade 3, Points 7-11: £22,369 - £24,054. Pay award pending.
This is a permanent post. 52 weeks, 37 Hours per week, Monday–Friday. A split shift is worked (6.45-11.00am and 2.45-6.00pm; 5.30pm finish on a Friday).
For this important role within the school, we’re seeking someone with the following qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to carry out maintenance and daily cleaning tasks
- Capable of lifting and carrying equipment, materials & furniture
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and how to apply them in the workplace
- Self-motivated, with the initiative and ability to work without supervision
- Punctual, reliable and flexible.
The person appointed will take on key responsibilities in maintaining a clean, safe and secure environment for children, staff and visitors. Duties will include:
- Opening and closing the school each day and carrying out security checks.
- Maintenance of the premises to a high standard, including a daily cleaning duties, repairs, DIY, occasional painting, and keeping outdoor areas tidy and safe.
- Ensuring the school meets statutory regulations related to health and safety, fire safety, etc, including making regular checks and keeping records.
- Liaising with the Council, and other contractors, to ensure maintenance & repairs are addressed, and to make sure that heating, plumbing, electrical and lighting systems are functioning properly.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively as part of a team, whilst also being able to work on their own initiative in identifying jobs that require attention day to day, and to prioritise their workload and organise their day. There are daily cleaning tasks included in the role (see Job Description).
If you can share our commitment to providing a clean, safe and secure environment for children and staff, we'd be pleased to receive your application.
If you have any questions about the post, please email the school (email address is here). Visits to the school can be arranged during week commencing Monday 4th September – please email our office (or ring us from 4th September) if you wish to organise a visit.
Application forms and further details are available online, from North East Jobs & from our website. Completed application forms should be returned by post or by email (or can be dropped-off in person after the school re-opens on 4th September).
Closing Date for applications: Monday 18th September, 1.00pm.
Grangetown Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.