Year 1 - Miss Tose
Welcome to Year 1! This year we have 18 wonderful children in our class and this page is where we will share our learning journey with you all! Here you will find reminders, photographs, examples of work and you will see just how much fun we have in Year 1 whilst learning important information and new skills.
- Monster Phonics reading books and sharing books are changed when your child reads their book 3x at home. Please remember to sign the home link book each time your child reads!
- These books should be brought into school everyday so books can be changed and notes can be added to your child's home link book.
- Children are expected to read at least three time per week with an adult at home
- Remember to also read books for pleasure! Bedtime stories are the best and develop your child's understanding, vocabulary and language!
- If you would like to know more about Monster Phonics click here
- PE will be on a Wednesday, and the children can wear their school PE kit to school. You can also bring your PE kit into school if you would prefer your child to change in school.
- No jewellery to be worn! Please remove earring studs on the morning of PE.
- Please remember to tie long hair up!
- Fruity Fantasy is a healthy tuck shop that takes place on a Friday play time
- If they wish, children can bring in a small amount of money to buy a snack. No more than 60p will be needed!
September 2023: Dear Zoo
The first book we will be delving into is Dear Zoo. This is a familiar book for all of the children as they will have read this book in Reception! We will be learning lots of new adjectives to describe animals and will be practising using full stops in our sentences. We will link the book to Science, where we learn all about mammals, amphibians, birds, fish and reptiles. We will also explore what a carnivore, herbivore and omnivore is! Here is a run down of what we will be learning in our other subjects too:
Maths: Place Value to 10
Geography: Our local area
Art: Drawing- Pablo Picasso
PE: Dance (a Lion King special!)
Computing: Mouse and Keyboard Skills
Music: Introducing beat
As you can see, we will be very busy, but we also have plenty of fun activities along the way! Keep an eye on this page to see what we get up to!