Foundation Stage Nursery
Welcome to our class web page, for Nursery 2023-24. We have a lovely class of 26 children, who love coming to school to learn and play with their teachers and friends.
In Nursery we work to a ratio of 1 member of staff to 13 children. We have a full-time teacher (Mrs Hanlon) and a teaching assistant (Miss Davison). The children are also supported over lunchtime by Miss Pickering our Reception teaching assistant.
We offer morning or afternoon sessions (3 hours) 5 days a week for 39 weeks of the year or we can also offer 2 1/2 full days over 39 weeks. This is either the beginning or the end of the week. Some parents also choose to pay for top- up sessions costing £14 per session (3 hours). A childcare contract must be signed before these sessions can begin. If flexibility is needed please speak to a member of staff as we can usually accommodate.
Our 30 hour children access the setting for 5 full days (6 hours per day). To access this amount of hours we must be given a code. You will need to apply for this the term before they start and then reconfirm every 3 months. More information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare
All children who attend Nursery for full days will need a packed lunch or given a school lunch if requested. A school lunch will cost £2.20 per day.
Morning– 9am– 12pm
Afternoon- 12.15- 3.15pm
Full days– 9am - 3.15pm
What the children need to bring
Water Bottle: Please provide a named water bottle each session for your child to have access to at all times. We also provide milk or water at snack times and lunch time as well.
Spare clothes: Tops, underwear, trousers/ skirts, socks and bottoms. This is particularly important when your child is toilet training but it is also useful for all children to bring a spare set of clothes in case of getting wet/muddy etc.
Nappies/Pull-ups and wipes: If children are still in nappies for medical/ other reasons we ask that enough wipes and nappies are provided for the day.
Sun cream: In the summer we ask for all children to arrive to nursery with sun cream already applied and if they are staying for a full day session we ask for a bottle to stay at nursery to allow it to be reapplied in the afternoon.
Please ensure all items including coats and jumpers are clearly labelled
Your Child’s Progress
Sharing your children’s progress and achievements are vitally important to us. There are a range of ways that we communicate your child’s progress with you:
- Monthly newsletters/ weekly updates
- Half termly parent pamphlets- this sets out what we will be learning during that half term
- Termly parent/ teacher consultations
- Yearly school report
- Tapestry– Our Online Learning Journeys: When you filled out your registration forms it would have included a letter about Tapestry and an accompanying consent form. We will create a secure account with the details you provide that enables us to upload photographs, observations and reports relating to your child’s time with us. As a parent this allows you to view exciting achievements via a computer or smart phone.
- Open Door Policy: All of our staff are happy to answer any queries or questions during drop off and pick up times. More lengthy meeting can be arranged usually for that week or you can also email and phone us at any time.
- Class Dojo - we also communicate to our parents via Class Dojo and this may be little reminders or short messages.
This Years Activities