Year 3 - Miss Charlton
Important things to remember
- P.E. will be on a Thursday this term. Please don't forget to bring in your P.E. kit which should be a white t-shirt, black shorts and suitable footwear (not black soled trainers). Jewellery should not be worn on this day and please make sure hair is tied back.
- Please bring in a water bottle to keep hydrated in school.
- Please bring your reading book to school every day. Ideally, children should be reading 3 times a week at home. If you bring your book in and it is signed saying you have read, you could get two dojos!
- Learning at home books should be brought in every Thursday and they will be returned with new homework for the following week on a Friday. Remember, you can get two dojos for this too!
- Please put your child's name in their coats, uniform and P.E. kits to ensure they are not mixed up at school.
As part of a whole school project we completed some work on the book 'The Dot' by Peter H. Reynolds. We talked about having a positive attitude to life and school, and we recited some positive affirmations to remind us how amazing we all are! We created lots of artwork around our own dots, including creating a picture from one single dot or doodle, and framing a picture that we had made using lots of different circular materials. Check out the gallery below for some of our best work!
World book day
For World Book Day 2021 we designed our very own t-shirt in the style of our favourite book! Some of our favourite authors were Roald Dahl, David Walliams and Jacqueline Wilson. Check out the picture below to see our amazing creations!
Remember, there are lots of great apps and websites you can use to practise your skills at home. There is a copy of your logins at the front of your home learning book. If you need a new copy please do ask!
Maths - By the end of year three you should be confident with your 2, 4, 5, 8 and 10 times tables.
Times Tables Rockstars - Login required
Sumdog - Login required
Top Marks Maths - No login required (our favourite is Hit the Button!)
Ed Shed - Login required