Year 3 - Miss Cassidy
- P.E. will be on a Monday this term. Please don't forget to bring in your P.E. kit which should be a white t-shirt, black shorts and suitable footwear (not black soled trainers). Jewellery should not be worn on this day and please make sure hair is tied back.
- Please bring in a water bottle to keep hydrated in school.
- Please bring your reading book to school every day. Ideally, children should be reading 3 times a week at home.
- Learning at home books should be brought in every Thursday and they will be returned with new homework for the following week on a Friday.
- Violin lessons are on a Tuesday.
- Please put your child's name in their coats, uniform and P.E. kits to ensure they are not mixed up at school.
- The doors are open from 8:40am until 9:00am and you can arrive anytime within that period.
Easter Egg Competition
Year 3 have had a wonderful time decorating their eggs for for the whole school competition. Look at our fantastic designs!
This half term in Year 3, we have been reading The Hodgeheg. We have loved this story all about a little hedgehog that wants to cross the road and makes it his mission to successfully reach the park! We have been writing our very own innovated five part stories with an introduction, problem, build up, resolution and ending. We created new characters and added lots of figurative language. We have been focusing on description, similes and personification. In Maths, we have been learning all about measuring and calculating length and perimeter. We used cm and m rulers to measure lengths and heights and even converted the units of measurement. We were able compare different heights and order our classmates from tallest to shortest. We even measured the perimeter of biscuits and enjoyed them as a treat once we worked out the total!