Our School Council
The School Council:
- Enables all children to contribute to the development and improvement of their school community
- Shows the children that their opinions matter, and that they can 'make a difference'
- Helps the children understand the importance of discussion, negotiation, cooperation and so on, in bringing about change
- Helps our pupils grow in self-esteem and confidence
- Helps to make our school a happy and harmonious place.
- School Council meetings are held approximately every two weeks. Occasionally additional meetings are arranged, linked to the events and projects the Council is involved in.
- School Council members take notes at the meetings, and then update their own classes as to the latest School Council news.
Current School Council Activities and Projects:
- Easter 2019: Our School Council judged the winners in our annual Easter Egg design competition.
- Spring and Summer Term 2019: Our School Council members are working with our Playground Buddies, on our Buddy Bench project.
- October 2018: The School Council acted as narrators and presenters for our Harvest Festival Assembly
- October 2018: School Council members were involved in organising our #HelloYellow Day and special Assembly, to raise awareness of mental health.